Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Books I am reading...and other stuff.

I am currently sitting at the computer at Janine's house listening to the lovely noise of Aaron, Janine, and the electricians demoing her bathroom. Aaron was cutting up Janine's old fiberglass bathtub, and let's just say it was a colorful experience! Aaron was covered in fiberglass dust which made his hair and arms gray. He looked to have aged about thirty years!! LOL.

For the most part I have been spending my evening downstairs with Sue watching tv and reading. It is so good to have a mother-in-law who, much like my mother, loves to read and watch Jeopardy! Albeit some of what Sue reads I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole (re: harlequin romance novels, or more affectionately known by Aaron as "bodice rippers"), she really does have gooc taste in books (re: mysteries and suspense). Currently, as I search for a job, I am reading three books: The Rules of "Normal" Eating, by Karen Koenig; Locker Room Diaries, by Leslie Goldberg; and Stone of Tears, by Terry Goodkind. One clinical book, one semi-clinical book, and one novel. Gotta have a mix or I feel unbalanced. I had been dying to read the first book ever since I heard about it, and finally recently broke down and allowed myself to spend the money on it. I do not regret it! The second book I think I have read about five times already! It is a fantastically fun written ethnography of a place I have never been but would someday like to dwell. The third book is the second in Mr. Goodkind's Sword of Truth series that Aaron so lovingly has drawn me into. Good stuff, but at times very intense.

It is getting very, very cold tonight! When I talked to my dad today he said that it was supposed to get really cold tonight and even colder next week. Let's hear it for space heaters and sleeping with a husband who is one in and of himself!

1 comment:

MKCoehoorn said...

I love the Sword of Truth series. I will warn you the last three are very intense. I seriously recommend reading them back to back without a break between them.