Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How cool is this!?!



I was reminded of this snazzy little knitter's standard while knitting the second section for my WUA afghan. I recalled seeing this on a shirt that Lorelai Gilmore wore on the knit-a-thon episode of Gilmore Girls, season seven. I am becoming increasingly fascinated by my new-found hobby. In the past I have knit a scarf for Aaron, my fiance, and a baby blanket for my new future niece, Kellyn. Granted none of these projects has really been anything spectacular, but I just love doing it! I am planning to increase my skill by practicing with new stitches and patterns. I also want to chat up Veronica at church and get her to teach me how to make socks. Sue (Aaron's mom), Janine (Aaron's older sister), and Debbie (Aaron's sister-in-law, Jennifer's, mother) have all offered to teach me how to crochet, and I am going to take them up on it! It's nice to have a hobby in addition to reading.

I hope to continue making afghans for WUA, and I also found another group that is an off-shoot of WUA called FriendshipShawl.com. Friendship shawls can be given to people you know and love for various reasons or to strangers or donated through WUA for nursing homes or other people in need. This group provides free patterns and tips and encourages people to share the stories about what happens to the shawls they make.

Here are the websites for these great groups I have found: www.warmupamerica.com and www.friendshipshawl.com

No comments: