Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Exhausting Day!!

The motor on my driver's side window died the other day. Dad made a valient attempt at trying to fix it, but it was beyond him so we took my dear Rosie into Tom's (Our mechanic). Apparently there was a tractor trailer truck carrying chicken that exploded on the interstate this morning, which backed up traffic on the surface streets, including the street where Tom's is. Thus traffic was HORRIBLE as Dad was attempting to get me to work. I was half an hour late.

Work was different. I worked on the decals we had to put on the front windows of the store - two large bare trees, very frustrating - and box-up in the stockroom. Box-up was a very welcome process today as it kept me in the back and allowed me to avoid people. Typically I like working the sales floor, but today I just didn't feel like dealing with people.

Aaron picked me up after work so we could go get our marriage license - YAY! We first went to the Gwinnett County Court House, but they would not accept the copy of Aaron's birth certificate because it didn't have the embossed certification seal. So we drove all the way to Decatur because they only require one form of I.D. so we just used our driver's licenses. Traffic was again a bear as we made our way back to Tom's to get my car and then back home. We were exhausted by the time we got home for dinner.

It wasn't a bad day, just full and at times frustrating. The upside is: We are now officially licensed to be married!

In other wedding news, Mom and I ordered tablecloths today. They are chocolate brown and hunter green. Very nice. We got a great deal on them.

Tomorrow I have to start calling apartment complexes to ask questions so Aaron and I can figure out where we will be living. *sigh* I'm tired.

No comments: