Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Healthier living is going to be tasty!

Ok, I know it is cliche to say this, but I am commiting myself to a healthier lifestlye. I woke up today and realized that I am 25 and about to get married. This means I am free to eat what I choose and choose the lifestyle that I want. Well, I want to have a healthy lifestyle. This doesn't mean that I will never again eat chocolate or ice cream or pizza. I just want to have things in moderation, and I think that the moderation of some things (fruits, veggies, whole grains) can be greater than others. Plus, I really don't move enough. I spend far too much time sitting in front of the T.V. and computer.

So here are some goals:
physical activity at least 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week
eating by normal standards
improving how much time I spend on all areas of my health (physical, emotional, spiritual, mental, and relational)

And I am encouraged in these endeavors! A while back I ordered a free cookie from www.kashi.com Well, I got it today, and that was one tasty cookie! It was a dark chocolate oatmeal cookie. The first thing I try to notice about food is the aroma. The aroma of this cookie was sumptuous! It had a nutty, well, oaty aroma that was warm and pleasent. I am a particular fan of the texture of oatmeal, so the texture of these cookies was terriffic! The taste was also light but sweet. It was a soft but lightly chewy cookie, and the ratio of oats to chocolate chips was right on! Best part: it is a great cookie, and it is healthy! I am a growing fan of Kashi's 7 Whole Grains Blend! I think I will continue to buy their products in the future.

No comments: