Friday, September 26, 2008

The Starter Home

Aaron and I have accepted the offer of a mother-in-law apartment! We officially have a place to live! It is in the lower portion of the house of some of my parents' friends at church. It is a nice place for a newlywed couple to start out in. It is somewhat small, but has a lot of storage space, brand new carpet and brand new appliances. We can also have our precious India with us, and we don't have to pay an ungodly deposit in order to have her. We did a lot of checking with other apartment possibilities, but this seemed to be the most financially sound for a couple starting out with basically no money. We are SOOOO excited to finally have our own place!

I can hardly contain myself with the realization that it is only two weeks until our wedding!!! Dad and I went to Gwinnett Place Mall tonight to have my wedding ring sized at out trusty jewlery repair place. We went to browse around in Sears while they sized it, and I found myself gliding dreamily through the housewares sections thinking of how much fun we are going to have putting together our first pad! Two weeks seems like almost no time at all after having been engaged for nearly four years, but when I got my ring back tonight and saw how perfect it fit and how pretty it is after being cleaned it feels like an eternity. I wish it was tomorrow! *Deep breath* Must temper my exhilaration...at least enough to where I can sleep tonight!

No comments: