Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wedding Shower - When it rains it POURS!!

Aaron and I had our wedding shower at church today, and it was AMAZING! We were given so much! I can't even begin to say how grateful I am to all of the people who gave us gifts, gift cards, money, and wisdom. All of our new possessions have currently taken up residence in my room until something else comes along. That something else would be a place for Aaron and me to live. I try not to keep worrying about getting a job and finding a place to live and making ends meet, but it really seems to be my major fear about starting a fully independent adult life. I just don't want us to have to live with my family or his when we are married. My primary reason for this is that I feel like we should be independent. Plus there really isn't a whole lot of room in either house for another couple. Also, there is the *slight* awkwardness of trying to maintain a sex life when you are merely one room over from your parents. Maybe my wanting to be independent is a matter of pride, but I feel that by the age of 25 - and being married - I should be supporting myself. I mean, if we really had to start out living with my parents or his sister we would, but we would really prefer to have a place of our own. Somehow I know that Aaron and I will make it even if starting out is rough, but I am still afraid. I'm praying to God for some clear guidance in which way to go, peace about the decisions Aaron and I have to make, and strength to do what we need to.

I'm putting this request out into the blog-osphere. If anyone who is navigating a good marriage right now has sound advice for a soon-to-be newlywed couple, please feel free to share in a comment.

No comments: